Good morning friends, I picked up a few things from ULTA the other day and I thought I’d share a little mini haul with you guys! My skin has been misbehaving, I realized I was running low on my favorite (mineral) concealer, and I had a 20% off (for my full order) coupon so I thought this would be a good time to peruse their website! And as always, I will try and link everything that I purchased below!
* bareMinerals Concealer ($20): I picked up my concealer in their lightest shade, Bisque. I really only use this a spot concealer for blemishes or random red marks (am I the only one that gets those??) and I find that it covers nicely! It never looks cakey on my skin and stays put all day! I will say, if you have a lighter skin tone than I do, the lightest shade will probably be a tad too dark for you (at least in the winter months).
* Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ($17): I have actually never tried the Mario Badescu drying lotion but have tried similar products from different brands. As I mentioned above, my skin has been slightly more angry with me than usual so I thought I would pick this up and give it try. I have heard really great things about it and will keep you posted on my thoughts!
* Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum ($20): Like the drying lotion above, I have never tried the Anti Acne Serum from this line either. I have used other Mario Badescu products and had zero complaints (for the most part) so I thought I’d give this a chance. It claims to prevent acne eruptions (Ewww, I hate that word) before they start. You are supposed to apply a thin layer over the acne-prone areas of your skin every night. It also states that it will not irritate erupted or sensitive skin (this really drew me in). I have insanely sensitive skin (honestly, it’s ridiculous), so anything that is marketed for my skin type is going in my basket! I have only used this once and I can say that it definitely didn’t dry out or irritate my skin in any way; it was actually very soothing (at least for me)! I’ll keep you posted on my thoughts as I continue to use it more!
* Clinique Happy Gelato Cream ($35): I received this as a Christmas gift and I absolutely fell in LOVE! The Berry Blush scent is by far my favorite and I love applying it after I get out of the shower! It absorbs quickly, smells amazing and leaves me feeling all types of luxurious. This is my second tub and I will definitely continue to repurchase this item! If you like Clinique Happy and live near an ULTA, I urge you to go and smell these guys, you won’t be disappointed!
* Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder ($30): I have talked about this powder on my blog before and I must say, I still love it. I go back and forth between this and the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Powder ($29). I think it does a good job of controlling my oily T-Zone while not drying out the (already dry) alligator skin I have on the outer perimeter (and cheeks) of my face. It doesn’t look cakey and it does a good job of blurring those pesky pores. I know finishing powders are different for everyone and what might work for me might be a nightmare for someone else. However, if you’re in the market and haven’t given this a try, maybe you can go to an ULTA store and see if it’s worth a shot!
Have you guys tried anything new lately? Makeup? Skincare? Nail Polish? Let me know below if there’s anything that I absolutely HAVE to try!