DAY 30: MY HOPES FOR MY BLOG
Wow! I can’t believe I finally made it to day 30! I have to be honest, I’m shocked I was able to see this challenge through to the end; I thought for sure that I would fall off eventually, but I’m so glad that I didn’t.
Anyways, I guess the hope that I have for my blog is just for it to grow and be a source of fun and light for myself and others; I want to inspire and be inspired. If it continues to grow, one day I would love to be able to stay home and blog full time, but until then I will just do what I can and enjoy it for what it is in the moment!
What are your hopes for your blog?
GET TO KNOW ME TAG!
- NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No, I mean my middle name is the same as my dads…but I would still say no.
- LAST TIME I CRIED? Oh goodness, I don’t know, when I watched the end of Gilmore Girls (the regular series).
- DO I WANT KIDS? Ummm….I’m not dead set on having children, but I’m not 100% against it either.
- IF I WAS ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD I BE FRIENDS WITH ME? My friend Ameera and I joke about this one. Honestly, I don’t know. I mean I think I’m a good person and a great friend, but I’m not super trusting of others so it’s kind of hard to get to know me at times. So I suppose If I was someone else I would probably give up on trying to break the walls down and be friends with me (it usually takes a while). Lol. That’s terrible, I know.
- FIRST THING I NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I mean I guess I notice their physical features first; more specifically their smile and their style.
- AM I SARCASTIC? HAHAHAHA. Yes, yes I am.
- WHAT IS MY EYE COLOR? Green. Yaaasssss. I love light eyes.
- DO I PREFER A SCARY MOVIE OR A HAPPY ENDING? Well this one is insanely easy, I’m definitely a happy ending kind of girl, I just love a love story.
- WHAT IS MY FAVORITE SMELL? As far as perfume goes, I would say Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. If we are talking about anything else, I love when David wears anything by Dolce & Gabbana…and I absolutely love the smell of honeysuckle and fresh cut grass.
- THE FURTHEST I’VE BEEN FROM HOME? California, so not super far in the grand scheme of things.
- DO I HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Not really…I mean, I was a competitive dancer for years, so I guess that’s a talent, but I think that’s it.
- WHERE WAS I BORN? Right here in Atlanta, GA!
- DO I HAVE ANY HOBBIES? Does blogging count? I like to get out and throw the ball around and attend as many concerts as I can in a years time…are any of those hobbies?
- DO I HAVE ANY PETS? Yes, yes I do. Her name is Ginge. She’s a little firecracker kitten. Sometimes she loves me, other times she does not. I will leave a picture of her at the bottom of the page so you can meet her, she’s a real treat!
- DO I HAVE ANY SIBLINGS? Technically, no. I’m the only child (yaaassssss for being spoiled). I always wanted an older brother but that was obviously not on the table. Despite not having any REAL siblings, my cousin Jordan counts. We are as close as sisters and bless her heart, she’ll never get rid of me!
- WHAT DO I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP? If I’m being 100% honest, I want to be a stay at home wife. With that being said, I wouldn’t mind running a blog from home. If that doesn’t pan out, then maybe a school counselor!
- WHO WAS MY FIRST BEST FRIEND? Shout out to MA! We are still besties to this day!
- HOW TALL AM I? Not tall. I’m only 5’3.
- FAVORITE DRINK? Probably Coca-Cola. I mean come on, I live in ATL.
- MY FAVORITE ANIMAL? Awww, this one is too hard. I love animals. I love cats, alpacas, dogs, tigers, monkeys…I just love them all!
- HOW MANY BOYFRIENDS HAVE I HAD? 4.
- WHAT IS MY FASHION SENSE? Ummm, I don’t know. I’m a pretty casual dresser. I love athliesure; but I also like jeans, V-necks, leather jackets, sneakers…etc.
- CURRENT FAVORITE SONG? Ooooo, I don’t know. I love a lot of songs. “Getting Over You” by Jackie Lee, “Dive” by Ed Sheeran, and “Violin” by Amos Lee (not new, but it’s been on repeat).
- LAST THING THAT I BOUGHT? Food, but if we’re talking anything other than food, I bought some wireless headphones and Friday Night Lights (the book) for my vacation!
- MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY? Christmas, hands down. And then 4th of July!
- AM I MARRIED? Nope, not yet…but one day.
- FAVORITE TV SHOWS? New Girl (please come back for one more season), Friday Night Lights (I’m obsessed), Gilmore Girls (no surprise here), and Dawson’s Creek (don’t you dare judge me).
- PC OR MAC? I have a PC and I love it. Nothing against Macs, mama just can’t afford all that.
- CAN I COOK? I can definitely get by. I’m not the best, but I’m certainly not the worst.
- WHAT IS MY FAVORITE BOOK? Well as I’ve mentioned before, I don’t read very often and what I do read is pretty specific; but I’ll list a few books that have been staples for me: Silver Linings Playbook, Catcher in the Rye, The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star, Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between).
So those are some fun facts about me! Anything else you wanna know, just leave it below!
DAY 29: A CONFESSION
Well I’ve never killed anyone or been to jail so my confessions aren’t all that juicy. I guess what a lot of people are surprised to find out about me is that I act like a 12 year old fan-girl 95% of the time. I don’t think you understand; the octave at which I can scream upon seeing Justin Timberlake or the Backstreet Boys is out of this world. But it doesn’t stop there…Logan Huntzberger, Tim Riggins, Sam Hunt, Zayn Malik, Ginuwine, A.I., Wade Kinsella, Coach T, Nick Miller, My Bae (David), a slew of baseball/football/basketball players and a healthy number of movie stars can make me swoon like you wouldn’t believe. Upon meeting me I can be a little…what’s the word…standoffish, so until people REALLY get to know me, they just assume that I’m a bit colder and less lovey than I actually am. SURPRISE! That’s not me at all. I swoon over Matthew McConaughey just like the rest of America. What can I say, I’m a sucker for a cute face, nice beard and a charming personality. Lucky for me I found a real life man that checks all of those boxes!
So that’s my confession. I’m way more boy-crazy than an almost 30 year old should be. I assure you it’s innocent and all in good fun so I won’t apologize for my goofy reaction to the swoon worthy men I have pictured above. And don’t you worry, David understands me as a person and supports my fan-girldom…he knows he’s Bae!
What about you? Do you have any confessions?
DAY 28: MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT
In the spirit of full disclosure I should tell you that I have been thinking about this prompt since the beginning of the blogging challenge…and I STILL can’t really come up with anything. There isn’t one memory that immediately pops into my head when asked about my most embarrassing moment. Surely there is something, I mean come on, look at me! I guess I’m just drawing a blank, but give me a minute and I’ll come up with something…standby…
That time I fell off the stage in a crowded bar…this is the best example I can come up with. So my girls and I decided to go out for a night on the town at a local dive bar in Atlanta. I remember dancing with some guy (I can’t remember his name for the life of me) and then attempting to step off the stage onto the (imaginary) stairs and just ate it. While I did make a complete fool of myself by falling all the way off of that stage, I am happy to report that I managed to save my coke in the process…which I consider a WIN!
Again, it’s not the most embarrassing story, but everyone was convinced that I was the drunk girl that couldn’t tell where the stage ended and began…the sad reality is that I was stone-cold sober and just blind as a bat! Some things never change!
What about you? Any embarrassing stories or moments that just make you cringe?
DAY 27: WHAT’S IN MY CLOSET
Yikes! Everything is in my closet. Clothes, shoes, books, bags, dirty laundry, clean laundry…the list goes on and on. Despite there being 26736436797 things in my closet, I must say, it’s relatively clean. Miraculous, I know! I keep all of my purses and their dust bags in my closet to ensure that my (sometimes) loving cat, Ginge doesn’t get a hold of them. All of my work clothes and fancy pieces (that I NEVER wear) live in the closet as well. If you look on the top shelf you will find my lovely Christmas sweaters next to a box of old pictures from my high school days (those are fun). On that same self you will find most of my psychology books from college along with a lot of my research from that same time period. There is a lot of Nostalgia that lives in my closet and I like it there. It’s easy to access when I need a laugh (or a good cry) and it serves as a nice reminder of how far I’ve come since then!
So what’s in your closet? Is it neat? Messy? Let me know!
DAY 26: MY HIDDEN TALENT
Hmmm….hidden talent…do I have one of those? I feel like I may need to consult with someone on this because nothing is readily coming to mind.
I mean I was a competitive dancer for years (ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, gymnastics, etc.), so I can dance, not that it’s really a HIDDEN talent, but it’s a talent none the less. I’m also pretty solid at music trivia, especially if i’m playing with David; between the two of us, we are virtually unbeatable. Again, I’m not sure I have any real hidden talents, but I do have some out in the open gems! What about you?
DAY 25: MY BIGGEST REGRET
I would like to think that I am a person who doesn’t live with regret, but that is just simply not true. There are things I wish I would have said and things I absolutely wish I hadn’t. I could easily think of 2-3 things that I would go back and do over if I could; none more than destroying my self-esteem by turning to an eating disorder for love. I spoke about this a few posts back, so I apologize if this seems a bit redundant, but it’s true. If I could have one mulligan, I would certainly use it to try and talk myself out of that pesky disorder that I was deadest on bringing into my life. If only I had known the kind of damage I would be doing to my self-esteem, I’d like to think that I would have chosen a wiser, more forgiving path, but who knows. I was so young, I’m not sure anyone or anything would have been able to talk me out of going through with those behaviors, but one can hope!
There was also that apple drawing fiasco that happened back in high school. Listen, I’m not proud of it, but I absolutely refused to participate in my art class in any capacity. My teacher reached out to my aunt to try and get me on board and even she knew it was a lost cause. I just would not do it. I was the definition of stubborn…to this day I still haven’t drawn that apple…oops!!
What about you? Do you have anything you regret?
DAY 24: WHAT ATTRACTS ME (IN LOVE)?
I used to think that I didn’t have a type, that I could love anyone and everyone, but that’s just simply not true.
From a physical standpoint, I absolutely have a type. Tall, dark hair, beard, light eyes…I mean sure, there are some outliers (Logan Huntzberger…I’m sure there are others) but for the most part, those are the people that I zero in on.
As far as personality goes; I like people who are devoted and honest. I need someone who is selfless and genuine in his love for helping other people, and someone that I can absolutely count on. I need someone with a sense of humor that can watch and appreciate a rom com just as much as I do. I need someone that is patient (cause I can be a bit much at times), kind and I wouldn’t say no to a little Huntzberger charm! But really at the end of the day, I just want/need someone that loves me for me…flaws and all.
What about you? what attracts you in love?
DAY 22: MY WORST HABITS
I feel like the majority of posts I’ve seen surrounding this prompt include only those “cutesy” bad habits that everyone has…you know, the ones that don’t make you seem THAT bad [i.e., eating too much junk food, drinking too much wine (in my case, coke) hating the gym, etc); however, considering I don’t regret eating junk food or my lack of enthusiasm surrounding the gym (I go to the gym, I just don’t like it), I will focus on a few habits that are less than charming.
TAKING A COMPLIMENT: I might be the world’s worst at this. I have always struggled with taking compliments; I don’t know why I can’t just say “thank you” and smile bashfully like everyone else…clearly I need to work on this. I always feel like I have to come back with something negative about myself to negate their statement…WHO DOES THIS??!! This is why I can’t have nice things. Ugh. My inability to hear and accept flattering remarks about myself probably have something to do with a deep-rooted self-esteem issue (I’m working on at too) that I’ve been holding onto for years…here’s to hoping that I can learn to love myself as much as everyone else does and say “Thank You” at the appropriate time.
BEING TOO INTROVERTED: For someone like me, being too introverted can be a problem. I love being at home; it’s so relaxing and comfortable, but it doesn’t allow me to get out of my own head. A few posts back I blogged about my eating disorder journey; I mentioned the “self loathing” piece of that disorder and how it is still plagues me to this day. This particular disorder (along with many others) feeds off of people not being able to get out of their own heads. It’s amazing the things I can cook up when I’m in such a dark place, I can assure you it’s the opposite of healthy and I need to do a better job of getting out and doing things to avoid the inevitable meltdown.
NEGATIVE SELF-TALK: I will admit that I have made considerable strides with this one; it’s a slow process but I assure you that progress is being made. Learning to forgive ourselves when we make a mistake is critical; if we don’t learn how to show ourselves grace, how can we expect others to do so? It doesn’t do us any favors to insult ourselves in our own heads, it just creates an immense amount of negativity that compromises our goals. Try and show yourselves some mercy when and if you make a mistake; I promise it will do more good than bad!
So those are a few of my bad habits. What are some things that you do that you wish you didn’t?
DAY 21: WHAT MAKES ME SAD
Well there are a number of things that make me sad: running out of mac n’ cheese, going to the gym, having to pump gas in the rain (and the cold), when my cat ignores me, when my team blows a 25 point lead to lose Super Bowl 51 (clearly I’m not coping well)…I could go on and on, but for the sake of my sanity (and yours) I will just focus on a couple of things that really bum me out.
SEEING MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY SAD/UPSET. This is one of the things that makes me the most upset. There is nothing worse than watching the people you love go through heartbreak and/or hardships and not be able to take their pain away. As cheesy as that may be, it’s 100% how I feel. I’m one of those people that would go to the ends of the earth to ensure that my friends and family are happy, healthy and mentally in a great place. If it was up to me, my friends and family would never feel any pain, but unfortunately it’s not. Heartbreak and hardships are a part of life, and as long as they’re around, I hope to always be able to lend a hand (or ear) whenever my loved ones need me!
WHEN THE PEOPLE I LOVE DON’T SEE THEIR WORTH. It really sucks when you have people in your life that don’t recognize their worth. You can see all that they have to offer, yet they couldn’t see it if it was right in front of their face. I too am guilty of this, but I eventually started respecting myself enough to know my worth and not settle for anything less than I deserved. I know the journey of self-discovery can be long and tedious so I will be here to remind the people that I love that they are worth more than they could ever imagine; and if they don’t believe me today, maybe they’ll believe me tomorrow.
So what are some of the things that make you sad?