Holy cow, it’s already MAY!! Can you believe that?!?! I know I have done a number of “favorites” posts lately and I promise I’ll do less of those in the coming days, but I still wanted to pop on here and share some products that I have been loving in the month of April!
* Tarte Double Duty Beauty Contour & Highlight Palette ($30): This palette is just the best! The contour shade is perfect for lighter skin tones and the highlighter is absolutely stunning! Bonus: it smells like milk chocolate!!! I know I’ve mentioned this product on the blog before but since I’ve been using it non-stop the last month, I just HAD to include it! If you have a lighter skin tone and are in the market for a contour powder that isn’t too dark or too light, this might really work for you!
* Bare Minerals Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Queen & Mantra ($20): I’ll admit, I’m not a HUGE lipstick person. I often find them to be annoying and too much work. I feel like they never look good on my skin-tone, or they’re too drying, or they fade weird and make me look like a crazy person at work…(not a good look), but I absolutely LOVE these! They are creamy & hydrating and have a nude shade that would suit a variety of different skin tones. They are relatively long wearing and perfect for everyday!
* Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – Vanilla ($39): When I’m looking for a more full-coverage makeup look, this is the foundation that I reach for. I find that I can get full coverage without looking too cakey. It doesn’t break me out or irritate my skin and looks great in pictures!
* Rosebud Salve ($6): This stuff is AMAZING. I absolutely LOVE it. I have terribly dry lips (mostly in the winter months) and this salve has saved me on more than one occasion. I use it on everything from dry lips to dry elbows, it’s something I literally can’t live without.
* Tarte Drink of H2O Hydrating Moisturizer ($39): If you have dry skin, please try this out. I typically use this after applying my PTR Therapeutic Sulfur Masque (linked below). Sometimes that mask can irritate my skin (if I leave it on too long) and leave it feeling much drier than I would like. Tarte’s lightweight gel moisturizer has a fresh, citrusy scent that helps calm my skin and allows me to maintain the proper amount of moisture!
* Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque ($47): I have been using this mask for over 3 years now and I absolutely love it. I have sensitive skin so I don’t leave it on as long as most and I typically don’t use it as an overnight spot treatment (even though you totally could!) but I love it all the same. I generally try and incorporate this into my skincare routine 1-2 times a week depending on how angry my face is at the time. It has really helped with my hormonal breakouts and I wouldn’t be caught dead without it. I will say, If you have sensitive skin I would recommend leaving it on for no more than 5-7 minutes to see how your skin responds and then go from there! Make sure you go in with a nice, gentle moisturizer after to ensure your skin is soothed and hydrated. After all, it is an acne product and can be a little drying if you’re not careful!
* Philosophy Purity Facial Cleanser ($24-44): This was recommended to me after having an allergic reaction to my previous face wash. The consultant at ULTA told me this was gentle and good for all skin types so I decided to give it a try. I find that it does a nice job of really cleansing my face and getting rid of all the dirt, oil and makeup from the day. It’s gentle enough to not irritate my eyes and hasn’t caused any skin irritation (YAY!!!); so if you are looking for a new face wash, I think you might like this one!
* Converse Chuck Taylor “Shoreline” Sneakers ($49.95): David bought these for me a couple of years ago and I am obsessed! I love, love, love them and actually find them to be quite comfortable. They are fitted and have hidden elastic around the tongue area to keep them snug on the foot. I find that they are true to size and really create a nice look with jeans, shorts, dresses, etc.!
* Old Navy Luxe Curved -Hem Tank ($15-17): I adore these tank tops! I wear them to work with a blazer or a cardigan and it is the epitome of comfort, let me tell ya! They are pretty inexpensive and are constantly on sale! I will say, hanging them to dry is the best bet; they will definitely shrink a bit if you put them in the dryer! I have them in multiple colors and think they are a must for any wardrobe/closet!
* Adidas Women’s Superlite Climate Socks – 6 Pack ($19.99): I absolutely HATE when you can see my socks peeking out of my sneakers, it’s a true pet-peeve for me. With that being said, I have to have socks, especially when I’m working out, so I’m constantly on the hunt for a good no-show option. I have really enjoyed the Adidas Superlite socks; they stay up when I’m working out and you can’t see them peeking out of my shoes. They might not be the best of the best, but for now, they are just fine!
* Hollywood Fashion Secrets Silicone Coverups – Light ($12.99): With summertime right around the corner, it’s time for those backless dresses and low-cut shirts (not that I really wear either, but you catch my drift). Bras are a pain (#amirite) and they can ruin an outfit in 2 seconds flat. Of course going braless (with no coverage at all) isn’t really my thing, so I typically reach for these silicone coverups in times where I need a little less than a bra and slightly more than just mother nature. They are reusable and do a good job of staying put, so if you have a dress/top that just doesn’t work with your bra, try these out!
* Coach Cassidy Buckle Sandals – Platinum ($79): I love these sandals. They are cute, comfortable and perfect for summer!
* OPI Fiji Nail Lacquer Collection – Getting Nadi On My Honeymoon ($10): What a great pink shade for the summer! I have been wearing this on my toes and just can’t get enough.
What have you guys been loving this month? Anything I should try out?! Let me know below!